Last Updated on January 1, 2021 by Arina
Is Diabetes Covered Under A Health Plan The Most Common FAQ
Hello friends how are you all? Today we are going to talk about Is Diabetes Covered Under A Health Plan The Most Common FAQ? From starting the day with karela juice to everything sugar-free, diabetes at times is painful.
But it does not have to be that way anymore. A healthy diet, medication, and treatment partners you in living with diabetes successfully.
However, no doubts, it has a huge cost. Diabetes management has become a costly affair for many due to increasing medical inflation. Earlier, health insurance companies did not cover the cost of diabetes care.
So, if you are wondering whether diabetes covered under a health plan? The answer is yes! However, diabetes is considered a pre-existing disease and covered under a separate health insurance plan. Let’s check out how health insurance for diabetic works:
Diabetics Health Insurance
It is health insurance specifically designed for diabetic people. It covers their on-going medical expenses, including hospitalization if required, along with several other benefits. Medical insurance for diabetics comes with a waiting period ranging from 24 to 48 months, depending on the plan.
Premium is slightly higher but worth it if we see the coverage policyholder gets under the policy. Insured can claim only after the completion of the waiting period. Before the stipulated period, none of the claims is admissible.
How is Medical Insurance for Diabetic Helpful?
Living with diabetes is not easy, but if you have comprehensive diabetics health insurance taking care of your on-going expenses, you can take a sigh of relief. Read below how it is helpful to manage your diabetes care costs:
- Offer cashless hospitalization facility during a medical emergency and planned hospitalization in the network hospitals
- Provide coverage for in-patient hospitalization, pre and post hospitalization, domiciliary hospitalization, and AYUSH (Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha, Homeopathy) treatment
- Coverage for diabetes, hypertension, thyroid, and other pre-existing diseases
- Provide coverage for on-going treatment, medication, and therapies
- Offer coverage for advanced treatment, daycare treatment, and alternate treatments
- Annual health check-ups help to keep track of blood glucose. It includes tests such as Sugar test, BP Test, Kidney Function Test, CT scan, Urine Test, and Heart Check-up, etc.
- Offer tax benefit under section 80D of the Income Tax Act of India 1961
Top Health Insurance Companies Offer Health Insurance for Diabetics
Below is the nifty list of different medical insurance for diabetics plans for your reference:
|Company||Eligibility||Network Hospitals||Sum Insured|
|Aditya Birla Activ Health Enhanced Plan||Type 1 and Type 2||6000+||2 lac|
|Star Health Diabetes Safe||Diabetes Mellitus Type 2||7900+||3 lac to 10 lac|
|HDFC Ergo Energy Health Insurance Plan||Type 2 Diabetes||10000+||2 lac to 10 lac|
|Care Freedom Health Insurance||Insulin Dependent||8250+||3 lac to 10 lac|
Go to these companies’ official websites for more details and pick the plans that give you maximum coverage.
So, do not allow diabetes to wipe off your savings and hard-earned money. Opt for diabetics’ health insurance and get coverage for your treatment or medication now.
So friends we hope that our article Is Diabetes Covered Under A Health Plan The Most Common FAQ is helpful for you. Please give us your feedback in the comments.