Last Updated on February 16, 2022 by Arina
Hello friends how are you all? Today we are going to talk about the Class 10 Maths: Tips To Remember Your Formulas. Are you having a tough time memorizing and compiling equations and formulas? Do you stay up all night trying to learn those long and complicated mathematical formulas?
Do these formulas vanish from your memory, right before your exams when you try to recall them? Don’t worry, as this actually happens with most students. With the enormous pressure of studying hard and achieving good scores, mugging up Math formulas can seem like a difficult task and might leave your mind muddled up.
But don’t fret, as we have created a list of a few simple tips, tricks, and methods that will help you learn all the troublesome class 10 Maths formulas with the absolute breeze, and would also keep them retained in your memory for a long, long time!
Class 10 Maths: Tips To Remember Your Formulas
- Let us dive into the first tip which is perhaps the most important one on this list; Developing interest in the subject. It is crucial to have an interest in the subject, in this case, Maths, as only then you will be able to have a good grasp of all the concepts. And maths is a subject that is all around you. Let’s face it, a disinterested mind will keep you from working hard and would invite distractions. As such, it is always fun and easy to learn something when you are utterly interested in it!
- Try connecting concepts to visual memory, and visualise it in your head in your spare time. Memory being predominantly visual, attaching a visual to each concept that you want to remember makes it easier to recollect it later. Try doing this with your formulas! The best way is by writing them down.
- Writing the formulas over and again will help you connect your concepts to visuals, helping you remember them for a long time since our brain readily remembers what we practise more often, in this case, writing more often. Thus, writing down your formulas will help you recall them easily.
- Remember, practice makes you perfect! Your brain understands and remembers things you do more often. As such, try to practice your formulas by applying them more often, as this will eventually help you in remembering them. Solve and practice more problems using the formulas, as this will help you in memorising better.
- Try to derive your formulas by understanding every step thoroughly, and then applying it because, in order to memorise something, it is important to know the meaning behind it. Deriving a formula can help you in retaining the roots and the concepts of that formula for a long time in your memory. Knowing the entire derivation of a certain formula makes it easier to answer the question “why” and hence we understand it better. On top of that, you also come across a number of other formulas and concepts while deriving a formula that will only increase your knowledge.
- Use memorising tricks that revolve around things that you are trying to memorise. To remember things in a particular order you can try framing a story or use abbreviations.
To memorize the trigonometric ratios: P/H = sin, B/H = cos, P/B = tan, a common phrase “Pandit Badri Prasad Har Har Bole Sona Chandi Tole” can be used.
Another example to find trigonometric table values can be as follows:
Trying to calculate the standard angle for the sine table? Count the fingers on the left side. Divide the number of fingers by four. Take the square root of the ratio. You will now be able to calculate the values.
Because there are no fingers on the left side for sin0∘, we will use 0. We obtain 0 when we divide 0 by 4. Find the value of sin0∘=0 by taking the square root of the ratio.
There are three fingers on the left-hand side for sin60∘. We get (3/4) when we divide 3 by 4. The value of sin30∘=√(3/4)=3/√2 is found by taking the square root of the ratio (3/4).
We can fill the table in a similar way with values for sin30∘,45∘, and 90∘.
Try Finding More Such Phrases That Can Help You Memorize And Recall Complicated Formulas.
- Keep a notebook to log down all your formulas. Writing them down in one place in a systematic way, for example, topic-wise, can help you recall the order better.
- Furthermore, try making lifestyle changes. Not only will they help you in your academic life, but also, they will support you in your day-to-day life.
- All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. So, stay healthy, exercise, and go out daily to get the oxygen pumping. The healthier you are, the easier it is for you to learn as your brain will be able to focus well and be more productive.
- Practice concentration and relax your brain. Studies, in general, require a lot of focus and deep concentration. You won’t ever be able to grasp anything when you’re stressed, as a stressed mind can never absorb knowledge and it loses its work potential. You will eventually find it difficult to work on complex things. So, try meditating and practising concentration for better mental power, and to relax your mind to a T! You can even download a particular exercise such as RS Aggarwal Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.1 to assess your weak and strong areas.
- When you have a couple of tough formulas in your mind, write them on a sheet or a sticky note, and stick them on your walls. This way you will come across them more often, and eventually, they will get registered in your brain.
- Recall at least five formulas or learn a few new ones and recall them before hitting the hay. It is scientifically proven that your brain has better chances of remembering the stuff that you think about before you sleep.
- Practise concentration while studying and keep all distractions at bay to give undivided attention to what you are learning in order to learn it faster and retain it for a longer duration.
Success is the sum of all the small efforts we make on a daily basis. Remember Rome was not built in a day! Try creating a list of important formulas for your exam preparations, understand the logic behind them, practice them, time your problem-solving speed, level up the complexity, and you will definitely end up with a good result.