Hello friends how are you all? Today we are going to talk about the How Best Phoenix Web Design Firms and how they become “Mobile-first”. The Internet isn’t the same anymore. More importantly, Internet users aren’t the same anymore. More users are accessing the Internet with their mobile devices. Website owners, especially business website owners, can’t afford to have static website designs that only look good or load properly on computer screens.
Modern-day internet users own devices like tablets, two-in-one laptops, and unique types of smartphones with varying screen dimensions. If businesses want to entice these modern-day consumers, they can’t use outdated web design strategies. To ensure their websites look appealing on cell phones and tablets, they need to adopt a “mobile-first” web design approach.
How The Best Phoenix Web Design Firms Are Helping Their Clients Become “Mobile-First”
What Is The Mobile-first Web Design Approach?
The term “mobile-first design” is quite self-explanatory – it’s the method of preparing and creating websites specifically for mobile users. In the past, web designers adopted a “desktop-first.”
However, the unprecedented and massive increase in the number of mobile internet users across the globe has compelled web design experts to re-think their strategies and progress towards mobile-first designs. Here’s how the “mobile-first design” approach became a phenomenon in the web design industry –
- Web designers started by fulfilling the basic requirements of designing websites for mobile devices.
- Developers used the least number of elements on their web pages, getting rid of any element that doesn’t interest the average mobile user.
- Then, new mobile-specific elements were added to make the web designs more complex.
- Top web design experts have now established clear “mobile-first” web design techniques and set new standards to decide which sites qualify as mobile-friendly.
The Importance Of Adopting The Mobile-first Web Design Approach.
The Internet managed to connect 4.66 billion people in 2020. Approximately 90% of those users used their cell phones to avail the Internet. That’s close to 4.28 billion mobile users. Businesses must prioritize mobile users leading into 2021 as the number of mobile users and online sales registered via mobile devices increased significantly in 2020. Here are some other reasons why adopting a mobile-first design approach is vital for businesses –
- Mobile web traffic has comfortably overtaken desktop traffic. The majority of website traffic in 2020 came from mobile devices.
- Over 50% of the visitors on your website are using mobile devices to browse through your product offerings. If their experiences on the website aren’t good enough, they’ll gladly shift to other mobile-first websites.
- Despite the pandemic, global spending on smartphone advertising grew by 4.8% in 2020. The mobile ad market is valued at $91.52 billion.
That’s why web designing experts are pleading with their clients to optimize every page on their website for mobile phones.
Key Elements Of A Mobile-first Website Design Strategy.
Here’s how the best Phoenix web design firms are transforming desktop-first websites into smooth and fast-loading mobile-first websites –
Focus on User Interface
Your website’s mobile-first design must increase user engagement to boost the chances of conversions. To make the user engagements better, web designers are –
- Making all elements on all web pages very easy to find.
- Placing key web design elements in their conventional locations so that first-time visitors don’t feel confused (for instance, navigation bars are always in either corner of the website).
- Avoid hover-only web design elements.
- Expanding the touch targets for facilitating convenient interactions for touch-screen users. However, all large clickable elements need to be filled in with white spaces in-between so that users don’t make unwanted clicks.
- Using ideal font sizes for smaller screen sizes.
Boost the UI of your mobile-first website, and you’ll automatically improve the quality of user experiences.
Adding CTA Elements.
Call to Action elements on business websites have always been very important. They aid conversions and help create convenient user journeys on websites. In mobile-first business websites, CTA buttons are more important than ever. Website visitors shouldn’t have to toil to make orders. So, all CTA elements need to be easily reachable for the users’ thumbs. The messages and graphics surrounding the CTA buttons also need to be highly attractive.
We can learn from how Amazon designs its web pages. If you check the Amazon website, you’ll see that the “Add to Cart” button is larger than other design elements. This button is also ever-present on the top right corner of all web pages. Business website owners need to follow a similar technique and make sure their mobile-first websites are optimized for conversions.
Avoiding Heavy Elements.
Using heavy web design elements negatively impacts a mobile-first website’s loading speed. To ensure the average loading time of your mobile-first website is less than two seconds (that’s what Google recommends as the ideal loading time), web designers use lighter elements that are customized for mobile users. Light-weight plugins, PNG image files, and CDNs (Content Delivery Networks) are some of the tools mobile-first website designers use.
Mobile-first is a unique design strategy where websites are created for mobile users first. It’s different from making your website mobile-responsive, where websites self-adjust to fit different mobile screen sizes. Adopting a “mobile-first design” means that your website is fully committing to the consumers who primarily use their smartphones to browse the Internet.
Sure, your mobile-first design strategy can involve mobile-responsive designs. But, to truly cater to 4.2+ billion mobile internet users, business website owners must prioritize adopting mobile-first designs.